Sports Premium 2019-2020
Sport Premium is funding for primary schools aimed at sustainably improving the provision of physical education and sport in primary schools as well as encouraging the development of healthy, active lifestyles in all children. This year each school will now receive £16,000 plus £10 per pupil. This year our school received £17,505.
Through this funding, pupils at William Levick Primary School are offered a wide range of exciting sporting opportunities throughout the year. This year, we will be working with SHAPE Learning Partnership to coordinate a range of competitions and events for our pupils in all year groups.
The previous year (2018-19) our School’s Sports Premium Funding has enabled us to do the following:-
- Achieve the Schools Games Gold Mark.
- Provide training for staff to deliver the Real P.E. in school, which then has helped improve children's fundamental movement skills.
- Train a group of Y5 children through the Bronze Ambassador Programme.
- Train another group of Y5 pupils to be Mini Leaders, who then regularly organised lunchtime activities for other year groups.
- Attend a wide range of sporting events across all age ranges, ensuring that pupils all have an opportunity to participate.
- Engage in the Bikeability programme.
- Allow all children within Year 5 and Year 6 to participate in a Go Ride Event hosted at school.
- Purchase new equipment, including P.E. mats and equipment for PE lessons.
Our sports premium report for 2018-2019 can be downloaded here