Sports Updates 2016/2017
Last half term was a busy one for sports both in and out of school this included:
- Our new Bronze Young Ambassadors ran two events. Tennis for year 3 and Athletics for year 2. Both were fantastically run and well attended.
- Year 2 and a group of Juniors performing at the Dance Platform at Chesterfield’s Winding Wheel.
- 12 year 3/ 4 pupils representing school in a Sportshall Athletics event at Henry Fanshawe.
- Two teams of year 5 /6 pupils took part in the district High 5 netball competition.
- 21 pupils from year 2 /3 took part in a Fun 2 Run event.
- 10 pupils for years 5/ 6 finished 2nd out of 14 teams at the district swimming event. A fantastic achievement which included reaching 12 out of 14 finals.
- Holly T in class 6 was selected to represent North East Derbyshire at Sportshall Athletics and helped the team finish first in a regional event.
- Our Change 4 Life Champions started their lunchtime club.
- Our mini leaders achieved their silver award.
Pupils celebrate a range of cultural festivals and learn about different faiths. This helps them widen their experience of other cultures and helps them to understand and respect the beliefs of others. Ofsted report