Sports Updates 2016/2017
Last half term was a busy one for sports both in and out of school this included:
- Our new Bronze Young Ambassadors ran two events. Tennis for year 3 and Athletics for year 2. Both were fantastically run and well attended.
- Year 2 and a group of Juniors performing at the Dance Platform at Chesterfield’s Winding Wheel.
- 12 year 3/ 4 pupils representing school in a Sportshall Athletics event at Henry Fanshawe.
- Two teams of year 5 /6 pupils took part in the district High 5 netball competition.
- 21 pupils from year 2 /3 took part in a Fun 2 Run event.
- 10 pupils for years 5/ 6 finished 2nd out of 14 teams at the district swimming event. A fantastic achievement which included reaching 12 out of 14 finals.
- Holly T in class 6 was selected to represent North East Derbyshire at Sportshall Athletics and helped the team finish first in a regional event.
- Our Change 4 Life Champions started their lunchtime club.
- Our mini leaders achieved their silver award.
Governors take seriously the importance of their role, and consequently their support to leaders is of high quality.Ofsted report